a8s.us Forum Index a8s.us
Aces & 8s Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to make a Quality Video.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
A8HatTrick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: How to make a Quality Video. Reply with quote

Ok, thought I would start a new thread.

Some things to consider when making a video:

1. Garbage in - Garbage out:

You have two options in capturing video. Both rely heavily on the quality of your game setup. Is your system top end, and are you running Hi Res graphics with 35+ FPS ? Or are you running something less.

A. AH Film: If you use AH Film, you get the added benefit .. in this is a HUGE one, in adding artistic attributes to your film. You can setup shots, camera angles, remove Icons, Text, Voice etc... and you can cut and trim your film as you need it. Also it gives you the added option of gun camera footage, and POV from each of the players in the local area. 20 seconds of video can very easily become 3 mins of quality film, you essentially can view the 20 second event from an endless array of POV's. However, the AVI output will chew up a ton of HD space, so be prepared.

Another thing to consider with AH Film is your quality is variable, you can save in a miriad of resolutions and formats. what is the best to use to get the best results for the highest quality is over my head, hopefully someone will step in on this issue and educate .

Once you are done, you have a good "Clip" to use in making a film. Now create about 20 clips that are sticking to your theme.. and you are off to a good start.

B. FRAPS: If you are going to be using FRAPS, it is my understanding you will get only a simple screen shot of what you are looking at. Meaning, if you are looking at a picture, you get a picture, if you are looking at your desktop, and doing stuff on it, then it will record that, if you are in a game in full screen, then it will record that.. as is... what you see is what you get, but you get NO initial loss of quality in the capture. This automatically creates an AVI set to a default setting of resolution. And is a quick and dirty way of grabbing video, but if you are in god mode in game, or F3, then you get what you get... whatever you see, it captures.

It is my understanding that some people use this in "conjunction with AH Film editor, as to how or why is over my head, hopefully someone will step in on this issue and educate
A8HatTrick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2. Raw Footage, will Travel:

So, now you have a GB or two of Raw AVI Footage, and a hunkering to make a movie. Well there are three basic options out there.

1. Windows Movie Maker (Great for the begginer)
2. Sony Vegas (Fun and you can figure it out with help from the internet and simply playing with it, the more you play, the more powerfull you realise it is.)
3. Cyberlink's PowerDirector 7 (Fun and you can figure it out with help from the internet and simply playing with it, the more you play, the more powerfull you realise it is.)

Unfortunately, # 2 & 3 will run you about $100+. But well worth it if you have the cash and own a video camera.

So, I dont want to go into specifics about how to create a video, the inclusion of game sound, out of game sounds, music, titles, effects, PiP's etc........ it varies with the program and its capabilities.

What IS important, is what you decide when you hit the "PRODUCE" button.. meaning you are done playing, and are ready to output a final product.

I know with PD7, I have so many options it makes my head hurt, I can put it out in VCR, DVD, BlueRay, HD, AVI, MPG, straight to YouTube and tons more..... I have a miriad of resolution choices etc...

What I dont know is what is the best format to put your soon to be very very very large Hard Drive consuming video into. Because we are not simply going to let it rest at that, because we are back to the "Garbage In - Garbage Out issue again.

We have to take this final product, and then convert it over to DiVX because that format is much much much smaller and works with the Aces and 8's web page.

So once we get the format issue worked out, and we are ready to convert, What settings should we choose when we convert our film into DiVX... once we know that, we choose it, hit the convert button, and wallah, post via FTP, link it and post it.
A8HatTrick

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Media College

Very kewl and free site with all kinds of helpfull information on html and bbc coding, and apparently covers all aspects of media... so will do some research and see if it can answer some of the questions above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    a8s.us Forum Index -> Aces & 8s Film Studio All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: